If you want your customers to pay for goods before receiving them, you can send a pro forma invoice to them. Pro forma invoice will show exactly what and how they will be charged. Also, your customers will be sure your quotation will not be changed.
With the Pro Forma invoice feature, you can send invoices to your customers and get paid through your own Shopify store. When you send a pro forma invoice to your customer, they will receive an email about it. When they click on the link they will be redirected to your store’s checkout page. They will just enter their details to make a payment. After the payment, a regular order will be placed on your Shopify store. After that, your store can continue functioning as before
Easy Invoice+ is the only invoicing solution which lets you get paid through your own Shopify store. Rest of the invoicing solutions needs to be configured with an external payment gateway and they work independently from your Shopify store.
1. Open Easy Invoice+ from Apps section of your Shopify store or go directly to https://easyinvoice.softify.co/
2. Click “Pro Forma Invoices” from the left menu.
3. Create new pro forma invoice by clicking “Create Pro Forma Invoice”
4. Choose the Pro Forma Invoice template you want to use and click on “Select Template” button.
5. If it is your first time of creating a Pro Forma Invoice, you should upload your logo. Click here to learn how to upload your logo.
6. Change your company information and add notes for your customers. All text fields are editable. You can edit or translate it to your own language directly by clicking on it. It is also possible to remove the note, just click on the text area and delete the text.
7. Add your customer information to “Shipping Details”, “Billing Details” and “Customer Details” fields. As you type letters, your customers will load automatically. Just click on the checkbox to add your customer.
8. It is also possible to hide “Shipping Details”, “Billing Details” or “Customer Details” fields.
9. Click on the “Search Products” input to search and add products to your invoice. As you type letters, your products will load automatically. Click “+ Add” button to add your products.
10. You can change product quantity, tax and shipping information of your products. Calculations will be done automatically.
11. Type your invoice number by clicking on the hashtag.
12. Select your Issue Date and Due Date for to finalize the minimum settings for your Pro Forma Invoice.
Issue Date : The date on which your invoice is prepared and sent to your customer.
Due Date : The date by which your invoice payment must be paid in order not to be late. This date can not be earlier than Issue Date.
13. Save your Pro Forma Invoice in order to send it to your customer. After you save it, click “Back To Pro Forma Invoice Templates” button.
14. Now you can send it to the customer. Click on the “Mail” icon.
15. A dialog box will open. Select whom do you want to send it. You can send it to your existing customer or you can send it to someone else.